Thursday, May 24, 2012

What I've been up to of late


Life never stops.

Really. It doesn't.

Gone are the idealistic days when I could spend six or more hours a day reading, writing, or even doing schoolwork.

Now I'm a workin' girl!

Like my dad has been saying, "Welcome to adulthood."

Last Sunday I graduated. And for two or so months now, I have been working between five and six days a week. I really enjoy it, but combine that with three lawn-mowing jobs and chiropractor appointments and church and family and friends and errands and...and...and yeah. It seems as though I am always on the go, even on the weekends.

It's all good though. You know why? Because God's blessed me with a good, steady job with a great employer, it's close to home, and it's work I don't mind doing. Because I'm able to save a large portion of the money I make. Because I'm getting experience in earning, saving, and spending money (and paying taxes) before I have to do those things to fully support myself.

Oh, and because I'm also learning to get up earlier. What can I say? I'm a writer and many of us are more nocturnal creatures.

So yeah. That's what I've been doing. Working, trying to keep up with life, and trying to finish Plague of Darkness, and trying to complete the initial draft of Hosanna House.

Hopefully next Thursday I'll have something more interesting to say.

Chazak,

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Chazak Amats, and have a beautiful day.