Thursday, May 10, 2012

Adoption, pt 2 - to you, Birthmoms


I love birthmothers.

Don't misunderstand. I know that the scenarios resulting in adoptions are far from perfect, and that the overwhelming marjority of birthmoms became pregnant outside of wedlock.

But I still love them. If you, reader, have ever given a child up for adoption, are going to carry your pregnancy full term and give the child up, or decided to get an abortion then changed your mind (or didn't change your mind), I love you and wish I could hug you. Since I can't, just imagine that I'm sending you a giant cyber-hug.

Birthmothers, this is to you.
~*~

Birthmoms, you are so brave.

I know it wasn't easy. It was scary, terrifying, in fact. You had an option that seemed easier at first glance, but you decided against it.

Thank you. Thank you for standing against the fear, and the pressures from other people who, with good intentions prompted you to get an abortion.

Thanks for loving us, your children, so, so much. Thank you for wanting to give us the best life possible, and loving us enough that when you knew you couldn't give us that life yourself, that you allowed someone else to.

You are beautiful and courageous. Don't forget that.

And you're not forgotten. You are loved and appriciated by me and many others like me, and you are loved and cherished by YHVH, Father God.

Thank you, for your love and courage and the tears you cried. Thanks for giving us the chance to live this life, even with all its bumps and bruises.

Chazak,

- Hannah

4 comments:

  1. You have such a great perspective on this Hannah, I really appreciated reading both of these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Han. It's heartfelt and it comes straight from a heart overflowing with love. Reminds me of the short story I was telling you about. And it's just in time for Mother's Day. ;)
    Hope you're having an awesome day with your mom/family. :D
    Hold fast
    Avi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, both of you :)
    (It's been a long day, Av, but a pretty good one)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      Glad you had a good day. ;)
      Avi

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Chazak Amats, and have a beautiful day.