Wednesday, January 18, 2012

[Review] Wonders Never Cease

Wonders Never CeaseWonders Never Cease by Tim Downs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Coming from an avid fan of the Bug Man, Wonders Never Cease is completely unlike anything else Downs has written.
A very fast, enjoyable read. I finished it in two days. The scenario is believable and interesting, and is a good reminder that not only are angels and supernatural powers very much at work in our world today, but a reminder to be careful of anything that--no matter how good it seems--contradicts God's Word even slightly.

Kemp annoyed me to no end. I never ended up liking him, and from an author standpoint, loved that aspect, because sometimes it's a nice switch-up to have a central character that is unlikeable and yet, people want to read about him anyway. Natalie's backstory could have been alluded to more...I felt a little left in the dark about her background and would have liked to know more.

The ending felt a tad rushed; I wish Downs had fleshed out the ending a big more, as some parts of it felt a little too ambiguous.

Overall, a fun read.



View all my reviews

[cross-posted from my Goodreads account]

Chazak,
- Hannah

4 comments:

  1. Hannah,
    I am so happy I found your blog!! I Just started a blog to promote Homeschool authors. I have added your books to the list. Would you like to do in interview sometime? Maybe Host a giveaway? Your books are on my wish list!

    Sarah
    http://homeschoolauthors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    Yes, I would be highly interested in doing an interview and/or hosting a giveaway. Thank you so much for starting this blog; it looks like a wonderful resource!
    You might also be interested in checking out www.lukealistar.com. Luke is a very good friend of mine, and a homeschool grad who has published several books.

    Chazak,
    - Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I will send you an e-mail

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Chazak Amats, and have a beautiful day.