Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's Official: Called is Published

Yes, it’s true. After two years of hard work, sweat, tears, and love…my first book, Called is published.

It is a very strange, amazing feeling.

It all started with an idea. A “What if”. Then along came the One Year Adventure Novel, which revolutionized my writing.

The stacks upon stacks of different revisions of the manuscript I printed off to get feedback on…the late nights, the frustration, the times I wanted to pull my hair out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



The comments that made me laugh. The moments of elation.

Photobucket

The strange, amazing phenomenon that occurred when many of my characters became alive. When I couldn’t force them to do something “out of character”, when Teague threatened to put a snowball down my neck — and I threatened in return to ban him from talking to his best friend for two days straight.

When I discovered boredom was a thing of the past. Who had time to be bored? Too many things to pray about, to daydream about, too many aspects of my book/s to think through, too many characters to talk to.



The week I borrowed a sword from some friends of ours and went nuts taking pictures of it. My very first cover design.

Photobucket

The morning I IMed Dad, almost screaming in excitement because someone liked it; someone I wasn’t related to, someone I hadn’t even met in person, someone I only knew online via the OYAN forum, liked my book.

The day I cried while writing, when the screen went blurry as I blinked through tears.

Then the night I literally bounced around the house: it was done.

Publisher-shopping. Drooling over shiny covers and expensive publishing packages. Then decided that I would do it: I would get this book published…in time for my mom’s birthday.

And now, it’s complete.

It’s published.

It is…

Photobucket

Called

…my story. The first in the Arindraen Series. It’s been worth it.

I love this book.

(note: the first edition has a few grammatical/formatting errors that I have as yet to correct; ones I didn’t find until after the fact. They will be corrected soon, however)

Chazak,

- Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Chazak Amats, and have a beautiful day.